Monday, January 10, 2011

Undiagnosed



When I sat on that street corner and begged for your spare change, I swear you loved me.
I looked like the Mona Lisa; six months pregnant and full of venereal disease.
My nubile body was covered in lice and affluence.
My stomach ached for hunger, but was distended by child.
I planned on naming my daughter Beatitude because I had seen the name in a hotel room Bible before. The Bible is a nice book. I wish it had pictures.
You were like a small child that I wanted to mother.

You looked like a cat I had when I was a kid. It was run over by a truck.
Maybe it was the amphetamines rushing through my blood, but I thought you had a tail.
You threw exactly one dollar in my purse.
It was green and smelt like cheese. Serial Number: EB04419763C
I almost wanted to eat it. It could have tasted like you.
But, I put it in my pocket because I didn't think money would taste that good anyways.

You looked like addiction. So sickly, so repressed.
I used to be addicted to things, like Pepsi and TV award shows. I quit cold turkey.
I think about them all the time. I like thinking about them.
I pretend I have a home and a really comfy couch to sit on.
Not too nice. No, I'm not greedy. Just nice enough for me.
There are people all around me, laughing. You're there. We keep each other warm.
That would be nice. You would be nice, I think.
That's normal. Like it should be. Like it should be.

You looked like the kind of guy that goes to church.
I used to go to church.
I stopped going when the statue of Jesus wouldn't stop yelling at me.
"Satan, Satan, Satan…" That's all he would say.
You think someone so interesting would have more to say.
Maybe he was like me. Not a talker, just a screamer.
The others didn't like me being there. I guess his yells interrupted everybody else.
It's a shame, I really did like church.

You looked like a Rubik's cube I found in the trash the other day.
It was boxy and colorful just like you.
I thought it was treasure when I saw it. You look valuable.
Can I twist your limbs until you are solved?
When you look like a pretzel is when you are most beautiful.

I followed you home. Because I'm a dog. At least, that's what they call me.
Maybe if I lick your face and howl I can come in.
You called the cops and I cried.
Cops make me scared because they are really robots on the inside.
They took me away, to the dog pound.

I sat next to a hooker and she was really friendly.
She gave me a piece of gum and wasn't even angry about sitting next to me.
Could she be my best friend?
The robots came back in and grabbed me.
They didn't know my name. I don't know my name.
They put me in the robot car. And we drove in circles. I know we couldn't have gone anywhere.

They made magic. Put me in another building.
I had to talk to a man with a cotton candy beard.
Would he like me to nibble on his beard? I think so.
He said funny words, like a different language.
Sckizfrynea. Sckizfrynea. Sckizfrynea.
That word makes me giggle.
Uhndieagnoosed.

The pills taste like butterscotch. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment