Sunday, January 8, 2012

What does fate have to do with it? Everything.


How many fates are there that we can live through?
What do each of those different worlds look like?
And what would I my life look like?
Would I still be with you?
Would I even meet you?
Maybe, in another life, we are just strangers
We pass by each other in a store
Maybe we bump into each other as we go on our way
We look at each other and turn away
And our lives go on
As if nothing happened
And you're not in my life
You're just the stranger
I would never know your name
I would never know how much you like the Beach Boys
I would never know your secrets
You would never know about my obsession with the Golden Girls
And how much I like your cat, Moulder
You would just be the man that I'll never remember
Our lips would never have touched
And, at the end of the day
We would go home to other people
And we would never know
Who the other person was

No comments:

Post a Comment